Slow Cooker Apple Pie Steel Cut Oatmeal by Closet Cooking
All of the flavours of apple pie in an over night slow cooker steal cut oatmeal for breakfast!Servings: makes 4 servingsPrep Time: 10 minutesCook Time: 4 hoursTotal Time: 4 hours 10 minutes
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 2 cups water or apple juice or apple cider
- 2 cups milk (or 2 more cups water)
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 dash nutmeg, grated
- 1/4 cup raisins (optional)
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- milk to taste (optional)
- caramel sauce (optional)
- Place the steel cut oats, water, milk, apple, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and raisins in a slow cooker and set it to cook on low for 4 hours.
- Mix the oatmeal up, optionally adding milk to bring it to the desired consistency and sweetener to bring it to the desired sweetness and serve topped with any desired toppings.