Skinny Chicken Saltimbocca
from Closet Cooking
Chicken wrapped in salty prosciutto with crispy fried sage served in a lemon caper sauce that is just bursting with flavour without all of the calories.Servings: makes 4 servingsPrep Time: 10 minutesCook Time: 15 minutesTotal Time: 25 minutes
- 4 small chicken breasts, boneless, skinless and pounded thin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8+ sage leaves
- 4 slices prosciutto
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch (optional)
- 1 lemon, juice (4 tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon capers (optional)
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- Season the chicken in salt and pepper and wrap in the prosciutto securing 2 leaves of sage between the prosciutto and each chicken breast.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat, add the chicken and cook until the prosciutto is crispy and the chicken lightly golden brown and cooked, about 2-4 minutes per side and set aside.
- Add the wine and deglaze the pan, add the chicken broth with the cornstarch mixed in, lemon juice and capers and simmer until reduced by half, about 4-6 minutes.
- Add the butter and cook until melted and the sauce thickens a bit, about 1 minute.
- Server the chicken topped with the lemon sauce.