Sichuan Peppercorn Shrimp by Closet Cooking
(makes 4 servings)
1 pound shrimp (shelled and deviened)
1 tablespoon sichuan peppercorns (toasted and ground)
1 tablespoon oil
1 shallot (chopped)
1 clove garlic (chopped)
1/4 cup chicken stock
2 teaspoons soy sauce
1 small chili pepper (seeded and chopped)
1 teaspoon chili sauce
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 teaspoon sesame oil
2 tablespoon cilantro (chopped)
2 green onions (chopped)
1. Toss the shrimp in the ground sichuan peppercorns.
2. Heat the oil in a pan.
3. Add the shallots and saute until tender, about 5 minutes.
4. Add the garlic and saute for a minute.
5. Saute the shrimp until cooked, just a few minutes per side and set aside.
6. Add the chicken stock and deglaze the pan.
7. Add the soy sauce, chili pepper, chili sauce and lime and reduce the sauce by half.
8. Remove from heat and mix in the shrimp, sesame oil and cilantro.