Roasted Tomato Salsa from Closet Cooking
(makes 2 cups)
1 pound tomatoes (cut in half)
1 poblano chili
1/4 cup onion (diced)
1 clove garlic (chopped)
1 lime (juice)
1 handful cilantro (chopped)
salt and pepper to taste
1. Place the tomatoes on a baking pan and roast in a preheated 350F oven for an hour flipping half way through.
2. Let the tomatoes cool and dice them.
3. Broil the chilies until blackened on all sides.
4. Let the chilies cool in a sealed container, peel the skins from them, seed them and dice them.
5. Mix everything and let sit for 20 minutes to bring out the flavours.