Roasted Strawberry Shortcake Shakes
from Closet Cooking
Strawberry shortcake in the form of a cool and refreshing milkshake where the strawberries are roasted to bring out more of their natural flavour.Servings: makes 2 servingsPrep Time: 5 minutesCook Time: 20 minutesTotal Time: 25 minutes
- 1 pound strawberries, cut in half
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup shortcake, cubed
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- Toss the strawberries in the balsamic vinegar and sugar, place on a baking sheet in a single layer and and roast in a preheated 425F oven until they start to caramelize, about 15-20 minutes.
- Puree every thing in a food processor or blender and enjoy!