Roasted Red Pepper and Goat Cheese Alfredo Pasta
by Closet Cooking
Sweet roasted red peppers in a creamy and tangy goat cheese alfredo sauce served over pasta.Servings: makes 2 servingsPrep Time: 5 minutesCook Time: 10 minutesTotal Time: 15 minutes
- 1/2 pound pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 1/4 cup parmigiano reggiano (parmesan), grated
- 2 roasted red peppers, coarsely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 handful basil
- Cook the pasta as directed on the package.
- Melt the butter in pan over medium heat, add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the cream, goat cheese, parmesan and roasted red peppers and simmer until the cheese has melted.
- Remove from heat, season with salt and pepper, add the basil and puree with a hand blender or in a blender or food processor.
- Serve hot over the pasta garnished with more parmesan and basil.