Roasted Red Pepper and Feta Rice from Closet Cooking
(makes 4 servings)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 small onion (chopped)
2 cloves garlic (chopped)
2 roasted red peppers (sliced)
1 teaspoon oregano (chopped or 1/2 teaspoon dry)
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup long grained rice (I used brown rice)
2 1/2 cups broth (chicken or vegetable)
1/4 cup feta (crumbled)
1. Heat the oil in a pan.
2. Add the onion and saute until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
3. Add the garlic and saute until fragrant, about a minute.
4. Add the roasted red pepper and oregano and season with salt and pepper.
5. Add the rice and broth and bring to a boil.
6. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the rice is cooked, about 20 minutes (40 minutes for brown rice).
7. Remove from the heat and mix in the feta.