Roasted Red Pepper and Feta Quinoa Salad from Closet Cooking
(makes 4+ servings)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 small onion (chopped)
2 cloves garlic (chopped)
2 roasted red peppers (cut into bite sized pieces)
1 cup quinoa (rinsed, I used a mix of white and red)
2 cups vegetable broth (or chicken broth or water)
1 teaspoon oregano (chopped)
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup chickpeas
1/4 cup feta (crumbled)
1/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette
1. Heat the oil in a pan.
2. Add the onion and saute until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
3. Add the garlic and saute until fragrant, about a minute.
4. Add the roasted red peppers, quinoa, vegetable broth and oregano, season with salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
5. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer until the quinoa is tender and the liquid has been absorbed, about 15 minutes.
6. Remove from heat and mix in the chickpeas, feta and balsamic vinaigrette.