Roasted Poblano Crema
by Closet Cooking
A roasted jalapeno creama that is so creamy and refreshing with a touch of heat.Servings: makes 1/2 cupPrep Time: 15 minutesCook Time: 15 minutesTotal Time: 30 minutes
- 1 poblano pepper, cut in half and seeds removed
- 1/2 cup crema, sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 1 glove garlic
- 1 green onion
- 1 handful cilantro
- 1/2 lime, juice and zest
- Place the peppers on a baking sheet with the cut side facing down.
- Place the baking sheet on the top shelf in the oven and broil until the outer layer of the skin has blackened, about 8-14 minutes.
- Place the peppers in a zip-lock bag or other sealable container, seal and let them cool until you can handle them, about 20 minutes.
- Remove the skins from the peppers. The skins should easily "pinch" off.
- Puree everything.