Roasted Lamb in Coffee Sauce by Closet Cooking
A tender roast leg of lamb served in a tasty, creamy coffee sauce.Servings: makes4+ servingsPrep Time: 10 minutesCook Time: 40 minutesTotal Time: 50 minutes
- 1 small (1-2 pound) leg of lamb, deboned and tied
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup strong black coffee
- 1 tablespoon cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- Rub the salt and pepper onto the lamb.
- Spread the mustard on top.
- Heat the coffee, cream, sugar and brandy until the sugar has dissolved.
- Place the lamb in a roasting dish and pour the coffee mixture over it.
- Roast in a preheated 375F oven for 20 minutes, basting a few times.
- Turn the heat down to 325F and roast until it reaches a temperature of 130F, about 20 minutes.
- Let the lamb rest for 15 minutes.
- Pour the juices into a pan along with the chicken stock and heat until bubbling.