Roasted Cauliflower and Poblano Pepper Soup from Closet Cooking
1 head cauliflower (cut into florets)
2 tablespoons olive oil
salt and pepper
3 cups vegetable broth
2 roasted poblano chilli
1 tablespoon heavy cream
1 tablespoon cilantro (chopped, optional)
1 tablespoon goat cheese (crumbled, optional)
1. Toss the cauliflower florets in the olive oil with the salt and pepper.
2. Arrange the cauliflower florets in a single layer in a baking dish.
3. Roast the cauliflower in a preheated 400F oven until lightly golden brown, about 20-30 minutes.
4. Bring the broth, cauliflower and poblano pepper to a boil, reduce the heat, cover and simmer until the cauliflower is tender, about 20 minutes.
5. Puree with a hand blender.
6. Mix in the heavy cream.
7. Serve garnished with goat cheese and cilantro or dukkah.