Roasted Butternut Squash and Swiss Chard Quinoa Bibimbap
from Closet Cooking
A bibimbap made with quinoa instead of rice and topped with gochugaru roasted butternut squash, black beans, steamed swiss chard, sauteed shiitake mushrooms, shredded cucumber and carrots and a fried egg along with a healthy does of hot sauce.Servings: makes 4 servingsPrep Time: 10 minutesCook Time: 50 minutesTotal Time: 60 minutes
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon gochugaru
- 2 cups butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups water
- 1 bunch swiss chard, sliced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 4 ounces shiitake, sliced
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup black beans
- 1/2 cup cucumber, shredded
- 1/2 cup carrot, shredded
- toasted sesame seeds to taste
- toasted seaweed powder to taste
- green onions to taste
- gochujang sauce to taste
- Mix the gochujang and the oil, toss with the butternut squash, place in a single layer on a baking pan and bake in a preheated 350F oven until tender, about 30-40 minutes.
- Meanwhile bring the water and quinoa to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer until the water is absorbed and the quinoa is tender then remove from heat and cover with lid.
- Steam the swiss chard.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat, add the shiitake mushrooms, saute until slightly caramelized, about 7-10 minutes and set aside.
- When the butternut squash is ready, fry the eggs.
- Assemble bibimbap, garnish with toasted sesame seeds, toasted seaweed powder, green onions to taste and gochujang sauce.