Roasted Brussels Sprout Carbonara
from Closet Cooking
A winter version of carbonara pasta with roasted brussels sprouts and bacon.Servings: 2Prep Time: 10 minutesCook Time: 20 minutesTotal Time: 30 minutes
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, trimmed and quartered
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 slices bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 pound pasta
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/4 cup pecorino romano or parmigiano reggiano (parmesan), grated
- pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- Toss the brussels sprouts in the olive oil along with the salt and pepper, spread them out in a single layer on a baking sheet and roast in a preheated 425F oven until golden brown, about 15-20 minutes, flipping half way through.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of water to boil and cook the pasta as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a pan, pour off all but a tablespoon of the bacon grease from the pan, turn off the heat and add the garlic.
- Meanwhile, mix the egg yolk, heavy cream and cheese in a bowl.
- Drain the cooked pasta reserving some of the water.
- Mix the pasta, egg yolk mixture and brussels sprouts into the bacon in the pan, adding pasta water as needed and season with pepper to taste.