from Closet Cooking
A corned beef, sauerkraut, and swiss quiche inspired by the reuben sandwich with a rye breadcrumb crust.Servings: makes 4-6 servingsPrep Time: 10 minutesCook Time: 40 minutesTotal Time: 50 minutes
- 2 cups rye bread crumbs*
- 1/4 cup swiss, finely grated
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cup corned beef, cut into small pieces or shredded
- 1/2 cup sauerkraut, well squeezed dry
- 1 cup swiss, shredded
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup half and half
- 2 tablespoon russian or thousand islands dressing + more for serving
Tip: Toast 5 slices of rye bread and then give them a quick whirl in a food processor to make the rye bread crumbs.
- Mix the rye bread crumbs, swiss and butter, press into the bottom of a pie plate, about 1/8 inch thick and bake in a preheated 450F oven until the edges and bottom just start turning golden brown, about 5-7 minutes.
- Mix the corned beef, sauerkraut, swiss, eggs, half and half and dressing and pour into crust and bake in a preheated 375F oven until golden brown on top and set in the center, about 25-35 minutes.