Ramp and Bacon Omelette with Asparagus and Goat Cheese
from Closet Cooking
An spring omelette with ramps, asparagus, bacon and goat cheese.
Servings: makes 1 serving
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 slice of bacon, cut into small pieces
- 2 ramps, trimmed and cleaned
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 spears asparagus, cleaned, trimmed and blanched
- 2 tablespoons goat cheese, crumbled
- Cook the bacon in a pan over medium heat until crispy, about 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile chop the white parts of the ramps and slice the green parts thinly.
- Add the white parts of the ramps to the pan and saute for a minute.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Season the eggs with salt and pepper and pour them into the pan and top with the greens of the ramps, the asparagus and the goat cheese.
- Cook without disturbing until the eggs have set, about 2-4 minutes.
- Slide the omelette out of the pan and enjoy.