Rachel Sandwich (aka Roast Turkey Reuben Sandwich)
from Closet Cooking
A twist on the classic Reuben sandwich with roast turkey, creamy coleslaw or sauerkraut, tangy russian dressing and swiss cheese in rye that is grilled until golden brown and the cheese has melted.Servings: makes 1 sandwichPrep Time: 5 minutesCook Time: 10 minutesTotal Time: 15 minutes
- 1 tablespoon butter, room temperature
- 2 slices rye, lightly toasted
- 1/2 cup swiss cheese, shredded and at room temperature
- 1-2 slices roast turkey, warm
- 1/4 cup coleslaw or sauerkraut, squeezed, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon russian dressing or thousand islands dressing
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Butter the outside of each slice of bread, sprinkle half of the cheese on the inside of one slice of bread, top with the turkey, coleslaw or sauerkraut, dressing, the remaining cheese and finally the other slice of bread.
- Add the sandwich and grill until golden brown and the cheese has melted, about 2-4 minutes per side.