Quinoa Crusted Chicken Parmesan
from Closet Cooking
Healthy baked, crispy quinoa crusted chicken parmesan topped with melted cheese and marinara sauce.Servings: 4Prep Time: 15 minutesCook Time: 30 minutesTotal Time: 45 minutes
- 4 (4-6 ounce) boneless, and skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa (~1/2 cup dry cooked with 1 cup liquid)
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning blend
- 1 cup mozzarella, shredded
- 1/4 cup parmigiano regginao (parmesan), grated
- 2 cups marinara sauce, hot
- 2 tablespoons basil, torn
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper, dredge in flour, dip in egg and coat in the mixture of the quinoa and italian seasoning.
- Place the chicken on a rack on a baking pan and bake in a preheated 400F oven until cooked and lightly golden brown, about 25-30 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken to a baking dish, top with the cheese and broil until it has melted, about 2-4 minutes.
- Plate the chicken and top with hot marinara sauce and fresh torn basil and enjoy!