Pumpkin Pie from Closet Cooking
(makes 1 pie)
2 cups gingersnap cookie crumbs
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
6 tablespoons butter (melted)
2 cups pumpkin puree
2 eggs (lightly beaten)
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup maple syrup (or golden syrup)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon cloves
2 tablespoons bourbon (optional)
1. Mix the gingersnap crumbs, sugar, ginger and butter in a bowl.
2. Press the mixture into the bottom of a pie plate.
3. Bake in a preheated 350F oven until lightly golden brown, about 8-15 minutes.
4. Mix the remaining ingredients in a bowl and pour into the pie plate.
5. Bake in a preheated 350F oven until the filling is set, about 35-45 minutes.