Pumpkin Cinnamon Role Pancakes with Caramel Cream Cheese Frosting from Closet Cooking
Pumpkin pancakes with a swirl of cinnamon cooked right into them served topped wit a caramel cream cheese 'frosting'. Mornings could not get any better than this!Servings: makes 4 medium pancakes or 2 servingsPrep Time: 10 minutesCook Time: 30 minutesTotal Time: 40 minutes
- 1/3 cup salted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 cup caramel sauce, room temperature
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, room temperature
- Mix the butter, brown sugar and cinnamon, place them in the corner of a small plastic bag and set aside.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger in a large bowl.
- Mix the egg, milk, pumpkin puree, butter and brown sugar in another bowl.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Heat a pan and melt a touch of butter in it.
- Pour 1/3 cup of the mixture into the pan.
- Cut a small hole in the corner of the plastic bag and squeeze out a swirl of the cinnamon mixture in a swirl around the top of the pancake batter.
- Heat until the surface starts to bubble and the bottom is golden brown, about 2-3 minutes, flip the pancake and cook the other side until the bottom is golden brown, about 1-2 minutes.
- Mix the caramel sauce and cream cheese, give them a 15-25 seconds in the microwave and drizzle over the pancakes.