Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus with Poached Egg and Hollandaise Sauce
from Closet Cooking
Roast asparagus bundles wrapped in crispy and salty prosciutto topped with a poached egg and lemony and buttery hollandaise sauce.Servings: makes 2 servingsPrep Time: 10 minutesCook Time: 30 minutesTotal Time: 40 minutes
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed
- 6 slices prosciutto
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- pepper to taste
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup hollandaise sauce
- Wrap the asparagus with the prosciutto with three per bundle.
- Place the bundles on a baking sheet, drizzle with oil and season with pepper to taste.
- Roast in a preheated 400F oven until tender, about 10-30 minutes. (Note: Roasting time can vary greatly depending on how thick your asparagus is.)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and reduce the heat to medium.
- Crack an egg into a bowl, swirl the water in the pot and pour the egg from the bowl into the water and repeat for another egg.
- Let the eggs cook until the whites are set but the yolks are not, about 2-3 minutes and fish them out.
- Serve the prosciutto wrapped asparagus bundles topped with a poached egg and hollandaise sauce.