from Closet Cooking
Quick and easy pretzel rolls for any occasion.Servings: makes 8 rollsPrep Time: 10 minutesRise Time: 2 hoursCook Time: 25 minutesTotal Time: 2 hours 35 minutes
- 2 3/4 cups bread flour
- 1 envelope quick-rising yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons hot water (125°F to 130°F)
- 8 cups water
- 1/4 cup baking soda
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg white, beaten to blend (glaze)
- Coarse salt
- Mix the bread flour, 1 envelope yeast, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon sugar and celery seeds in food processor and gradually pour in the hot water until it forms an elastic dough.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl and cover until it has doubled in size, about 1-2 hours.
- Punch the dough down, form it into 8 balls cutting a x on the top of each with a serrated knife, cover and let rise until double in size, about 1-2 hours.
- Bring the water to a boil, add the baking soda and sugar and cook the rolls for 30 seconds per side.
- Place the rolls on a greased baking sheet, brush the tops with the egg, sprinkle on some salt and bake in a preheated 375F oven until golden brown about 25 minutes.