Potato Skins by Closet Cooking
(makes 4 appetizer sized servings)
4 baking potatoes (such as russet, scrubbed clean)
salt and pepper to taste
4 slices bacon (cooked and crumbled)
1 cup cheese (grated)
1/2 cup sour cream
2 green onions (chopped)
1. Prick the potatoes a few times with a fork.
2. Bake in a preheated 400F oven until tender, about an hour.
3. Let the potatoes cool and cut in half and scoop out the middle. (Reserve the scooped potato for another use.)
4. Brush the potato skins all over with the canola oil.
5. Bake in a preheated 450F over for 10 minutes on each side.
6. Season the inside of the potato skins with salt and pepper and fill with the cheese and bacon.
7. Broil until the cheese has melted, just a few minutes.
8. Serve while still warm from the oven along with some sour cream and green onions.