Pot Roast Mushroom Soup by Closet Cooking
(makes 4 light meal sized servings)
2 tablespoons butter
1 small onion (chopped)
2 cloves garlic (chopped)
1 tablespoon thyme (chopped)
8 ounces mushrooms (sliced)
1/4 cup red wine
4 cups beef broth
2 cups cooked roast beef (shredded)
2 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoon flour
1 tablespoon parsley (chopped)
1. Melt the butter in a pan.
2. Add the onions and saute until tender, about 5-7 minute.
3. Add the garlic and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute.
4. Add the mushrooms and thyme and saute until browned, about 12-17 minutes.
5. Add the wine and deglaze the pan.
6. Add the broth and beef and simmer for 15 minutes.
7. Meanwhile melt the butter in another pan.
8. Mix in the flour and cook until golden brown.
9. Mix some of the flour mixture into the soup to thicken to the desired consistency.