Portobello Mushrooms Stuffed with Spinach and Artichoke Dip
from Closet Cooking
Roasted portobello mushrooms stuffed with a cheesy spinach and artichoke dip and topped with a crunchy panko breadcrumb topping.Servings: make 4-8 servingsPrep Time: 10 minutesCook Time: 20 minutesTotal Time: 30 minutes
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 6-8 medium sized portabella mushrooms, stems and gills removed
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup mozzarella
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated parmigiano reggiano (parmesan), grated
- Brush the mushrooms with oil and roast in a preheated 450F oven on a baking sheet with the inside facing up until tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile mix the spinach, artichokes, cream cheese, mayo, mozzarella, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Mix the oil, breadcrumbs and parmesan.
- Divide the filling between the mushrooms and sprinkle on the bread crumbs.
- Roast until the filling is hot and the breadcrumbs are golden brown, about 10 minutes.