Pesto Grilled Shrimp
from Closet Cooking
Light fresh and summery basil pesto marinated grilled shrimp.Servings: 4Prep Time: 10 minutesMarinate Time: 20 minutesCook Time: 10 minutesTotal Time: 40 minutes
- 1/2 cup basil, packed
- 1 small clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons parmigiano-reggiano (parmesan), grated
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (~1/2 lemon)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deviened
Tip: Serve alone as appetizers or in a salad or pasta as a light main.
- Pulse the basil, garlic, pine nuts, parmesan, oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Marinate the shrimp in the pesto for 20 minutes in the fridge.
- Skewer the shrimp and grill over medium-high heat until cooked, about 2-3 minutes per side.