Pepperoni Pizza Casserole
from Closet Cooking
A quick and easy pasta casserole with all of the flavours of a pepperoni pizza!Servings: makes 4-6 servingsPrep Time: 10 minutesCook Time: 45 minutesTotal Time: 55 minutes
- 12 ounces pasta
- 1/2 pound Italian turkey sausage, casings removed
- 3 cups (24 ounces) pizza sauce or marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 4 ounces pepperoni
- 8 ounces ricotta
- 2 cups mozzarella, shredded
- 1/2 cup parmigiano reggiano (parmesan), grated
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano (optional)
Tip: Change things up by using your favourite pizza toppings.
- Cook the pasta as directed on package but stop 3 minutes early, drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook the sausage in a large saucepan over medium heat, about 10 minutes.
- Mix in the sauce with the sausage and 3/4's of the olives and pepperoni and set aside.
- Mix the ricotta, mozzarella and parmesan and set aside.
- Place half of the pasta in the bottom of a large baking dish, top with half of the sauce, followed by half of the cheese mixture and repeat with another layer of each, finally topping with the remaining olives, pepperoni and oregano.
- Bake in a preheated 350F oven covered in foil until bubbling at the sides, about 20-30 minutes, remove the foil and bake until the cheese has melted and started to turn golden brown, about 10 minutes.