Peppermint White Chocolate Chip Cookies
from Closet Cooking
White chocolate chip cookies with festive peppermint candy.Servings: makes 12+ cookiesPrep Time: 10 minutesChill Time: 60 minutesCook Time: 10 minutesTotal Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- 1/2 cup butter (only real butter, not low fat), room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peppermint candy cane, crushed
- Mix the butter and sugars in a bowl.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Mix the flour, baking soda and salt in another bowl.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet until they are just incorporated.
- Mix in the chocolate and the peppermint candy cane.
- Chill the dough in the fridge for 30-60 minutes before placing it onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet one table spoon at a time rolled up into balls.
- Bake in a 350F preheated oven until just lightly golden brown around the edges, about 8-10 minutes.