Penne with Asparagus and Mushrooms in a Gorgonzola Sauce from Closet Cooking
(makes 2 servings)
1 tablespoon butter
4 ounces mushrooms (sliced)
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 pound penne
1 clove garlic (chopped)
1/2 teaspoon thyme (chopped)
1 splash dry white wine
1/4 cup milk
2 tablespoons heavy cream
1 ounce gorgonzola (crumbled)
1/2 pound asparagus (cleaned, trimmed and cut into 1 inch slices shaped like penne)
1. Melt the butter in a pan.
2. Add the mushrooms, season with salt and pepper and saute until tender, about 10 minutes.
3. Add the pasta to boiling water and cook until al dente, abut 7-10 minutes.
4. Add the garlic and thyme to the pan and saute until fragrant, about a minute.
5. Add the white wine and deglaze the pan.
6. Add the milk, heavy cream and gorgonzola.
7. Place the asparagus into a primed steamer until tender, about 3-4 minutes.
8. Simmer the sauce until it thickens, several minutes.
9. Drain the pasta and toss in the gorgonzola sauce along with the asparagus and mushrooms.