Peameal Bacon and Roasted Tomato Sandwich with Cheddar Cheese and Grainy Honey Mustard
from Closet Cooking
Roasted tomatoes are just packed with flavour and really make this peameal bacon sandwich special!Servings: makes 1 sandwichPrep Time: 5 minutesCook Time: 1 hour 5 minutesTotal Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- 1 medium tomato, cut in half
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 slices peameal or Canadian bacon or 3 slices regular bacon
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 slices of bread
- 1 leaf lettuce
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon honey mixed into 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- Place the tomatoes on a baking sheet with the cut side facing up, drizzle with oil, season with salt and pepper and roast in a preheated 350F oven for an hour.
- When the tomatoes have cooled a bit, cook the bacon and assemble the sandwich while still warm so that the cheese starts to melt.