Peach, Chicken and Gorgonzola Balsamic Quesadillas with Arugula Pesto
A summery fresh peach and chicken quesadilla with tangy gorgonzola, peppery arugula pesto and balsamic reduction.Servings: 1
Prep Time: 5 minutesCook Time: 10 minutesTotal Time: 15 minutes
- 2 (6-8 inch) tortillas
- 2 tablespoons gorgonzola dolce, crumbled
- 1/2 cup mozzarella, shredded
- 1 peach, sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup chicken, cooked and shredded
- 1 tablespoon arugula pesto or arugula (optional)
- 1 teaspoon balsamic reduction
- Heat a pan over medium heat, place a tortilla in the pan, sprinkle half of the cheese over the tortilla, followed by the peach, chicken, balsamic reduction, pesto, the remaining cheese and tortilla.
- Cook until the quesadilla is golden brown on both sides and the cheese is melted, about 2-4 minutes per side.
Note: To make balsamic reduction: Simmer 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar and 1 tablespoon brown sugar until reduced by half.
A different take on pesto using peppery arugula and walnuts.Servings: makes 1 cupPrep Time: 10 minutesCook Time: 0 minutesTotal Time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup basil, packed
- 1 cup arugula, packed
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup parmigiano reggiano, grated
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- lemon juice to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place everything into a food processor and blend.