from Closet Cooking
Spaghetti served in a creamy egg based sauce with bacon, fresh summer peas and Pecorino Romano cheese.
Servings: makes 2 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1/2 pound pasta
- 4 slices bacon, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/4 cup pecorino romano or parmigiano reggiano (parmesan), grated
- 1/2 cup peas (fresh or thawed frozen)
- pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon mint, julienned
- Cook the pasta as directed on the package.
- Meanwhile cook the bacon in a pan until crispy and set it aside on paper towels to drain.
- Mix the egg yolks, heavy cream and pecorino romano in a large bowl.
- Drain the cooked pasta reserving some of the water.
- Mix the pasta, peas and bacon into the egg mixture adding pasta water as needed and season with pepper to taste.
- Serve garnished with grated pecorino romano and julienned mint.