All of the flavours of pad thai wrapped in a tasty omelette. Now you finally have an excuse to have pad thai for breakfast!Servings: makes 1 servingPrep Time: 10 minutesCook Time: 10 minutesTotal Time: 20 minutes
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon tamarind concentrate (or the juice from 1/2 lime)
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce (or soy sauce)
- 2 teaspoons palm sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 teaspoon chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 shrimp, peeled and deviened
- 2 shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1 birds eye chili, sliced (optional)
- cilantro to taste
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce (or soy sauce)
- lime wedges
- Heat the water, tamarind, fish sauce, sugar and chili until the sugar is dissolved and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the shrimp, shitake, shallot and garlic and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the sauce, bean sprouts, green onion and peanuts and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the chili and cilantro and remove from heat and set aside.
- Wipe out the pan and melt the butter over medium heat.
- Mix the eggs and the fish sauce, pour them into the pan and cook until almost set, about 2 minutes.
- Spoon the shrimp mixture onto half of the omelette and fold the other half over.