by Closet Cooking
Shrimp and rice noodles in a tasty sweet, salty, sour and spicy sauce topped with roasted peanuts.Servings: makes 2 servingsPrep Time: 10 minutesCook Time: 10 minutesTotal Time: 20 minutes
- 2 tablespoons tamarind concentrate
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce or soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons palm sugar or sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce or to taste
- 6 ounces rice noodles
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 6 ounces shrimp, chicken or tofu
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime lime cut into wedges
- Heat the tamarind, fish sauce, sugar and chili sauce until the sugar is dissolved.
- Soak the noodles in water as directed on package until just pliable.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add the shrimp, shallots and garlic and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the sauce and the noodles and mix and move to the side of the pan.
- Add the egg, let it set a bit and then mix it into the noodles.
- Add the peanuts and bean sprouts and cook for a minute.
- Add the green onions and cilantro and remove from heat.