Orange Cookies Dipped in Chocolate from Closet Cooking
(make 24+ cookies)
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter (room temperature)
1/2 cup confectioners sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup candied orange peel (chopped)
1 orange (zest)
1 tablespoon orange juice
1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
8 ounces dark chocolate (chopped)
1. Cream the butter and the sugar.
2. Mix the flour and the salt.
3. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet until it starts forming larger clumps.
4. Mix in the candied orange, orange zest, orange juice and vanilla extract.
5. Form the dough into the shape that you want, wrap it in plastic and let it chill in the fridge for at least an hour. (I did a rectangular log but you could also do a circular log.)
6. Cut the log into 1/4 inch thick slices and place on a parchment lines baking pan with one inch of space between them.
7. Bake in a preheated 325F oven until they just start to turn lightly golden brown on top, about 15-20 minutes.
8. Let cool completely.
9. Melt the chocolate in a double boiler.
10. Dip the cookies into the chocolate and place on a sheet of parchment paper and let cool until the chocolate sets. (Feel free to chill them in the fridge to help it set quicker.)