from Closet Cooking
A slow roasted sweet onion gratin with a cheesy cream sauce.Servings: makes 4+ servingsPrep Time: 10 minutesCook Time: 50 minutesTotal Time: 60 minutes
- 4 large yellow onions, peeled and sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon thyme, chopped
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1/4 cup of white wine
- 1/4 cup of parmigiano regginao (parmesan), grated
- Spread the onion slices out in a baking dish and drizzle them with olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with the thyme.
- Bake in a preheated 375F oven for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat the heavy cream and wine in a sauce pan until it starts to bubble on the edges.
- Transfer the onions to a baking dish and spoon the cream onto.
- Cover in foil and bake for another 25 minutes.
- Remove the foil and sprinkle the parmigiano regginao on top.
- Increase the temperature to 450F and bake until golden brown, about 5 minutes.