Oatmeal Burrito Bowl
from Closet Cooking
A deconstructed burrito served in a bowl with, steel cut oats (oatmeal), melted cheese, seasoned black beans, fresh pico de gallo, avocado and sour cream.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1/4 cut steel cut oats
- 1 cup water
- 1 handful cheddar and jack cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup seasoned black beans, warm
- 1/4 cup pico de gallo
- 2 tablespoons avocado, stoned, scooped and sliced
- 2 tablespoon sliced black olives
- 1 tablespoon sour cream or Greek yogurt
- Bring the steel cuts oats and water to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer, covered until tender, about 30 minutes.
- Place the oatmeal in a bowl or on a plate and top with the cheese.
- Broil or microwave to melt the cheese. (Note: If you are going to broil it make sure that your dish is oven safe.)
- Top with the seasoned black beans, pico de gallo, avocado, and sour cream.