Naan from Closet Cooking
1 1/2 teaspoons dry yeast
1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
1 cup water (warm)
1 teaspoon salt
3 cups all-purpose flour
6 tablespoons ghee (clarified butter or unsalted butter)
3 tablespoons yogurt
* ghee (clarified butter or unsalted butter)
1. Mix the yeast and sugar into the warm water in a large bowl and let sit for 10 minutes.
2. Add the salt and flour into the liquid followed by the ghee and yogurt and mix until it forms a dough.
3. Knead the dough until it is smooth and elastic.
4. Place the dough in a large greased bowl and cover.
5. Let it rise for 90 minutes.
6. Punch the dough down and knead it for 10 minutes.
7. Divide the dough and form balls.
8. Roll the balls out.
9. Brush both sides with ghee and fry in a pan until golden brown on both sides.
10. Serve while still warm.