Mushroom and Thyme Omelette with Gorgonzola from Closet Cooking
(makes 1 omelette)
1 tablespoon butter
1 small onion (sliced)
1 small clove garlic (chopped)
1/2 teaspoon thyme (chopped)
4 ounce mushrooms (quartered)
1/4 cup gorgonzola (crumbled)
2 eggs (lightly beaten)
1. Melt the butter in a none stick pan.
2. Add the onions and caramelize them slowly, about 20-30 minutes.
3. Add the garlic and thyme and saute until fragrant, about a minute.
4. Add the mushrooms and saute until tender.
5. Lower the heat and and sprinkle on the crumbled gorgonzola and let it melt just a bit.
6. Pour the eggs into the pan and let them cook without disturbing them until they have set, about 2-4 minutes.
7. Slide the omelette out onto a plate and garnish it with more thyme and enjoy.