Mushroom and Prosciutto Grilled Cheese Sandwich from Closet Cooking
(makes 1 sandwich)
1 tablespoon oil
1/2 small onion (sliced)
4 ounces mushrooms (cleaned and sliced)
1 clove garlic (chopped)
1/2 teaspoon thyme (chopped)
2 tablespoons broth (or white wine)
1 tablespoon parsley (chopped, optional)
2 slices bread
3 slices prosciutto (optional)
2 slices mozzarella cheese
1 tablespoon butter (room temperature)
1. Heat the oil in a pan.
2. Add the onion and mushrooms and saute until caramelized, about 20-30 minutes.
3. Add the garlic and thyme and saute until fragrant, about a minute.
4. Add the broth, deglaze the pan and saute until the liquid has been absorbed.
5. Remove from heat and mix in the parsley.
6. Assemble sandwich and grill until golden brown on both sides.