Medjool Date and Walnut Bread from Closet Cooking
(makes 1 loaf)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup maple syrup
3/4 cup vanilla yogurt
1 over ripe banana (mashed)
1/4 cup oil
3/4 cup rolled oats
1 cup flour
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups medjool dates (pitted and cut into bite sized pieces)
1/2 cup walnuts (chopped)
1. Mix the brown sugar, maple syrup, yogurt, banana, oil, egg and rolled oats in a bowl and let it sit for 10 minutes.
2. Mix the flours, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a bowl.
3. Mix the wet and dry ingredients along with the dates and walnuts until just mixed.
4. Spoon the mixture into a greased 9x5 inch loaf pan.
5. Bake in a preheated 375F oven until a toothpick pushed into the center comes out clean, about 40-70 minutes.