Maple Oat Bread by Closet Cooking
(makes 1 loaf)
3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons hot water
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup butter (melted)
1 1/4 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
2 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
2 1/4 teaspoons instant yeast
3 tablespoons maple sugar
1. Mix the hot water, oats, maple syrup, butter, salt and cinnamon in a bowl.
2. Add the flours and yeast and stir to form a dough.
3. Knead the dough for 10 minutes.
4. Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover and let it rise to double its size, about 60-90 minutes.
5. Deflate the dough and form it into an 8 inch long log.
6. Place the dough into a greased loaf pan, cover and let it rise over the edge, about 60-90 minutes.
7. Brush the top with water and sprinkle with the maple sugar.
8. Bake in a preheated 350F for 35-40 minutes. Cover in foil after the first 15 minutes to prevent burning.
9. Let cool for 5 minutes and remove from pan.