Maple Caramelized Onions
from Closet Cooking
Sweet maple-y caramelized onions.Servings: makes 1/2 cupPrep Time: 10 minutesCook Time: 50 minutesTotal Time: 60 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add the onions and water and cook until completely tender and caramelized and golden, about 40-50 minutes, adding more water as needed.
- Stir in the maple syrup and vinegar and cook until most of the liquid is gone, about 2-3 minutes.