Mango and Vanilla Jam by Closet Cooking
(makes 5 cups)
4 cups mango (stoned, peeled, chopped)
1 box pectin crystals
5 1/2 cups sugar
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 vanilla bean (seeds)
1. Bring the mangoes and pectin crystals to a boil with high heat in a large pot.
2. Add the sugar, lemon juice and vanilla and bring to a hard boil for 1 minute.
3. Remove from heat, stir and skim foam for 5 minutes.
4. Pour into sterilized jars and seal.
To sterilize the jars:
1. Wash in hot soapy water.
2. Keep the lids in boiling water until ready to use.
3. Place jars in 225F oven for 10 minutes and keep warm until ready to use.