Kolokithopita (Greek Zucchini Pie) from Closet Cooking
(makes 6+ servings)
2 pounds zucchini (grated and squeezed and drained)
1 cup feta cheese (crumbled)
1/2 cup herbs (such as dill, mint, parsley, chopped)
1 bunch green onions (sliced)
3 eggs (lightly beaten)
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup olive oil
12 sheets phyllo dough (thawed over night in the fridge)
1. Mix the zucchini, feta, herbs, green onions, eggs, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
2. Brush the bottom of a 13x8 inch baking pan with olive oil.
3. Brush the top of a sheet of phyllo dough with olive oil and place it in the pan. Repeat until you have 6 layers.
4. Place the zucchini mixture on top of the phyllo dough.
5. Brush the top of a sheet of phyllo dough with olive oil and place it on the zucchini filling. Repeat until you have 6 layers.
6. Bake in a preheated 350F oven until golden brown on top, about 30-50 minutes.