Kimchi Quesadillas from Closet Cooking
(makes 1 quesadilla)
2 strips bacon (cut into 1 in pieces)
1/4 cup kimchi (drained and chopped)
2 handfuls cheese (grated, I used a combination of cheddar and jack)
1. Cook the bacon and set aside retaining the grease.
2. Saute the kimchi in the bacon grease until it starts to caramelize, about 10 minutes.
3. Melt a touch of butter in a pan.
4. Place a tortilla into the pan and swirl around in the butter and set aside.
5. Place the second tortilla into the pan and swirl around in the butter.
6. Sprinkle on half of the cheese onto the tortilla followed by the kimchi and bacon followed by the remaining cheese.
7. Cook until the quesadilla is golden brown on both sides and the cheese is melted.
Tip: Place a plate onto the quesadilla and flipped it from the pan to the plate and then slide it back into the pan to flip the quesadilla.
Note: For a vegetarian version, omit the bacon and fry the kimchi in a teaspoon of sesame oil.