Kimchi and Bacon Grilled Cheese Sandwich from Closet Cooking
Spicy kimchi and salty bacon are an amazing flavour combination that only gets better when bathed in melted cheese and wrapping in toasted buttery bread.Servings: 1Prep Time: 5 minutesCook Time: 20 minutesTotal Time: 25 minutes
- 2 slices bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2-4 tablespoons kimchi, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 slices bread
- 2 slices cheddar (or 1/2 cup shredded)
Option: Serve with gochujang ketchup (mix 1 tablespoon gochujang into 3 tablespoons ketchup) for dipping.
- Cook the bacon in a pan over medium heat, set aside on paper towels to drain reserving 1 teaspoon of grease in the pan.
- Add the kimchi and saute until it starts to caramelize, about 3-5 minutes.
- Heat a clean pan over medium heat.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread, place one slice in the pan with buttered side down, top with half of the cheese, the kimchi, bacon, the remaining cheese and finally the other slice of bread with buttered side up.
- Grill until golden brown on both sides and the cheese is melted, about 2-4 minutes per side.