Kimchi Egg Salad Sandwich from Closet Cooking
(makes 1 sandwich)
2 strips bacon (cut into bite sized pieces)
1/4 cup kimchi (drained and chopped)
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
1 teaspoon gochujang
1 green onion (sliced)
1 teaspoon sesame seeds (toasted)
2 leaves of lettuce
2 slices of bread
1. Place the eggs in a sauce pan, cover with water and bring to a boil.
2. Turn off the heat, cover and let sit for seven minutes.
3. Transfer the eggs to a large bowl filled with cold water and let cool.
4. Meanwhile cook the bacon and set aside
5. Saute the kimchi in the bacon grease until caramelized, about 3-5 minutes.
6. Peel the eggs and mash to the desired consistency mixing in the kimchi, bacon, mayonnaise, gochujang, green onion and sesame seeds.
7. Assemble sandwich.