Kimchi, Bacon and Shiitake Mushroom Omelette from Closet Cooking
(makes 1 omelette)
2 strips bacon (cut into 1/2 inch pieces, optional)
2 shiitake mushrooms (sliced)
1/2 cup kimchi (drained and chopped)
2 eggs (lightly beaten)
1/4 cup cheddar cheese (grated, optional)
1 green onion (sliced)
1. Cook the bacon in a pan until just cooked.
2. Add the mushrooms and saute until tender, about 3-5 minutes. (Saute in oil for a vegetarian version. Adding a bit of toasted sesame oil would add a ton of great flavour)
3. Add the kimchi and saute until most of the excess moisture has cooked off, about 2-3 minutes, set aside and let cool.
4. Pour the eggs into the pan and cook without disturbing them until they are just about to set, about 2 minutes.
5. Sprinkle on the cheese and let it start to melt, about a minute.
6. Sprinkle on kimchi, bacon and shiitake mixture and continue to cook until the eggs are done, about a minute.
6. Remove from heat and serve garnished with the green onions.