Jerk Shrimp Tacos with Pineapple Salsa, Slaw and Pina Colada Crema
Spicy grilled jerk shrimp tacos with grilled pineapple salsa, slaw and cool and creamy (and rummy) pina colada crema.Servings: 4
Prep Time: 15 minutesMarinate Time: 20 MinutesCook Time: 10 minutesTotal Time: 45 minutes
- 1 pound (16-20) shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup jerk marinade
- 2 cups cabbage, sliced
- 1/2 cup pina colada crema (see below)
- 12 small corn tortillas, warmed
- 2 cups grilled pineapple salsa
- Marinate the shrimp in the the jerk marinade for at least 20 minutes and up to over night.
- Skewer the shrimp and grill over medium-high heat until cooked, about 1-3 minutes per side.
- Toss the cabbage in half of the crema.
- Assemble tacos by placing the slaw on the tortillas, followed by the pineapple salsa and shrimp finally topping with a drizzle of crema.
Pina Colada Crema
All of the flavours of pina colada in a crema that is perfect for jerk tacos and other Caribbean inspired dishes!Servings: 1 cupPrep Time: 10 minutesCook Time: 0 minutesTotal Time: 10 minutes
- 1/2 cup sour cream (or Greek yogurt)
- 3 tablespoons pineapple
- 2 tablespoons coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon rum (or 1 teaspoon rum extract) (optional)
- Puree everything in a food processor and enjoy!