Jamaican Jerk Burgers with Pineapple and Banana Relish from Closet Cooking
(makes 4 servings)
2 tablespoons jerk seasoning paste (your favorite brand or see below)
1 pound ground beef
1 cup pineapple and banana relish
1. Mix the jerk seasoning into the ground beef.
2. Form the beef into 4 patties about 3/4 of an inch thick.
3. Grill (or broil or pan fry) the burgers until cooked, about 3-5 minutes per side.
4. Assemble burgers and enjoy.
1/2 scotch bonnet or habanero pepper or 2 jalapeno peppers (seeded and chopped)
2 green onions (sliced)
2 teaspoons thyme (chopped)
2 cloves garlic (chopped)
2 teaspoons allspice
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon orange (zest)
2 tabespoons white vinegar
1. Mix all of the ingredients in a food processor.